Research engineer (Functional) Safety
You shape the future of safe interconnected, intelligent and autonomous vehicles (cars, drones, AGVs, …).
AI, interconnectivity and the continuous deployment of software pose major challenges to the safety design of autonomous vehicles. How can high-tech (manufacturing) companies guarantee the safety of rapidly evolving systems in a multi-stakeholder environment?
Challenge the design for safety
As an expert or high potential in (functional) safety, you will execute research projects, in view of developing the intelligent and autonomous vehicles of the future (cars, drones, AGVs, …). You will work together in a multi-disciplinary research team that develops and verifies new automation functionalities in highly automated vehicles for a variety of industrial partners (automotive sector, AGVs, public transport, logistic transportation, drones, 'follow-me' vehicles, ...).
Being highly involved in every stage of the development, you are responsible to make sure that the new system will achieve the required level of safety integrity.
More concretely, you will :
- Perform research on state-of-the-art modular safety architectures;
- Create innovative safety analysis methods and specify requirements for developing supported tools;
- Perform safety analyses, from the first idea until the execution phase, using standards to follow up on the safety of items and system elements;
- Impact directly on the architectural concept with your results and think about the electric/electronical design together with the team;
- Define and perform tests to verify the functional safety of the design;
- Ensure functional safety of demonstrators that are showing the potential of new technologies to the industry or the general public;
- Work together with academical and industrial partners.
Creative mind with passion for functional safety
- A Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Automotive or Safety Critical Engineering);
- Knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO26262, ISO61508), or the willingness to learn these standards on short notice;
- Some experience with analysis techniques (e.g. FMEDA, FMEA, HARA, HAZOP, FTA);
- A broad knowledge of modelling and simulation software (SysML modeling, MATLAB/Simulink,…) is a plus;
- Knowledge of the system engineering process (requirement, configuration management, … );
- Affinity with programming languages (e.g. Python, C++, relational SQL data bases);
- A proven track record in functional safety is highly appreciated.
- Knowledge on cybersecurity is considered an additional asset.
- Passionate about functional safety and new technologies;
- Creative and able to turn ideas into high-tech solutions;
- A confident communicator;
- A team player who can build sustainable relationships;
- Analytic and systematic in your approach;
- Research-minded and eager to learn.
- Flanders Make offers you the opportunity to develop yourself within a network of leading industrial companies, universities and research institutes;
- An energetic, flexible and challenging work environment;
- A warm and open-minded work atmosphere;
- Top colleagues who are experts in their domains and are willing to cooperate and share their knowledge with you;
- An attractive salary with additional fringe benefits.
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 11 790 590