Robotics Researcher Industry 4.0 Production Lines
You prototype new production cells and lines according to the industry 4.0 principles by doing research on smart robotic concepts and innovative operator support solutions.
In Industry 4.0 assembly cells, personalised products will be made using state-of-the-art technologies. Flanders Make wants to demonstrate future opportunities to manufacturing companies and aims to develop new concepts together with them. We’re working, amongst other things, on intuitive robots that work together with operators.
Robot control and human support in Industry 4.0 manufacturing lines
The research projects that you will contribute to bring (mobile) robots and technology to the shop floor of manufacturing companies and support operators (both ergonomically and cognitively) in their increasingly complex job. Together with a small research team, you write new research projects, about conceiving how new production lines and assembly cells can be designed and built, how production lines are automated using AI, data and robotics.
You model and simulate new production concepts in order to validate feasibility and optimize the design. Finally, we implement on real life setups in order to demonstrate the value to industrial partners.
- Work together in a research team combining expertise in automation, software architecture, virtual/augmented/mixed reality, control, system modelling, computer vision and IoT;
- Play a key role in designing new applications and programming industrial software and in system integration and validation;
- Work with different (mobile) robots, grippers, vision systems, machines and/or HMI devices;
- Work in close collaboration with experts from our industrial partners;
- Have regular contacts with research experts from knowledge centres in Belgium and abroad;
- Identify and frame industrial challenges and link them to new research topics;
- Elaborate project proposals for national and international funding opportunities.
You apply theoretical concepts to practical case problems
- A PhD in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science, Robotics, Mechatronics, Automation,...);
- Expertise in production design, software design and robotics applications;
- A keen interest in applying theoretical concepts to practical case problems.
- Passionate about research and new production technologies;
- Eager to write new project ideas into project proposals;
- Result-oriented and responsible and take initiative;
- A team player;
- A good communicator;
- Eager to learn.
- Flanders Make offers you the opportunity to develop yourself within a network of leading industrial companies, universities and research institutes;
- An energetic, flexible and challenging work environment;
- A warm and open-minded work atmosphere;
- Top colleagues who are experts in their domains and are willing to cooperate and share their knowledge with you;
- An attractive salary with additional fringe benefits.
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 11 790 590