Technology & Test Infrastructure Coordinator
You manage the planning and lead the technical team setting up R&D pilot lines for the assembly industry.
Our workshops hosts many new prototype machines and builds new ones every month. With these machines, we carry out innovative tests for companies.
We test the performance of new vehicle prototypes and examine how trucks of the future will look like, how weaving machines can work faster and more energy-efficiently, how robots can work together with operators, how drones can count the inventory in warehouses, how smaller motors can still deliver sufficient power, and so on. Our test infrastructure is intensively used by researchers and systematically updated to match the new technologies of the future.
As Technology & Test Infrastructure Coordinator, you lead a rock-solid support team of technicians and engineers working on 3 sites. Together, you ensure that each site runs smoothly, and that new pilot set-ups are conceived, built and tested using the latest techniques. Your team provides the necessary parts for the wide range of test vehicles, prototype machines and robots, as well as guidance on their commissioning, instrumentation, maintenance, disassembly, disposal, etc. Your internal customers are our project managers and researchers. Your external customers are high-tech industrial companies.
- You are above all a coach for your team, you listen to their needs, provide support, are available and coordinate the communication with others.
- You are responsible for pooling work applications for your team, focusing on priorities and dispatching.
- You facilitate. You give your people the opportunity, time, answers and tools to achieve great technical excellence. Where necessary, you streamline the process for new work applications.
- You have an active connection with the CEO and Operations Manager and help think about our future needs in terms of equipment and infrastructure.
- You travel to the different labs (Lommel, Kortrijk, Leuven) at least twice a month to keep in touch with the challenges of your teams and the context in which they work.
- Having a solid technical background;
- Combining good organisational skills with decisiveness;
- Hands-on and solution-oriented;
- A people manager;
- A bridge-builder;
- Having good language and social skills, both in Dutch and English.
In addition, you preferably have:
- Experience in managing technical roles; for instance as project engineer, automation engineer, production coordinator...
- Practical insight, possibly experience with DIY;
- A positive and proactive attitude;
- Openness to all ideas for improvement;
- Maturity, diplomacy and motivation that engages others;
- The ability to assess situations quickly and correctly;
- A good sense for operational efficiency. You spontaneously take into account both safety, a customer-friendly service, scheduled maintenance and smooth logistics;
- A healthy sense of perspective as well as a touch of humour;
- A Master's degree in Engineering in a relevant field (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Automotive, Industrial, Automation, ICT, Control, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, ...) or equivalent through experience.
- Interest in automation and smart IT solutions; for instance, you show interest in potential tools to facilitate planning and management;
- Strong digital skills and fluent user knowledge of MS Office.
- You get the opportunity to put a personal mark on how you fill in this new position;
- A job with a great deal of autonomy within a stimulating working environment with short lines of communication.
- You are part of a growing, dynamic business with a top team of young and international researchers;
- You help build unprecedented high-tech setups, beyond anything you have ever encountered in the industry.
Would you like to join our organisation? Contact us today!
An overview of all workshops can be found on our website.
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 11 790 590