Test Engineer for Electric/Hybrid Vehicle prototypes
With a top-notch test infrastructure, you offer companies a taste of the latest technologies to test the performance of their electric/hybrid vehicles.
Flanders Make researchers are developing technologies for the design and production of high-performance, flexible and autonomous machines and vehicles, rethinking the drivetrain setups of electric/hybrid vehicles. New solutions are tested on our demonstration and validation infrastructure in controlled conditions.
Improve drivetrain performance with tests
For different mechatronic applications, you will:
- Work in a team, where you will simulate via Hardware-in-the-loop the behaviour of vehicles and components like thermal, power or performance parameters for batteries, supercapacitors or electric motors…;
- Use, expand and manage the test setups, working closely together with technology experts in different domains (sensing, control, software architecture, software integration, automation, robotics, vehicle dynamics, testing)
More concretely, you will:
- Organise virtual and experimental tests
- You define the test plan of research projects together with the project team;
- You design and implement resources for test automation (e.g. Labview);
- You create, adapt and validate virtual models prior to experimental tests;
- You define the hardware instruments for experimental tests;
- You perform experimental and mixed virtual-experimental tests.
- Post-process test data and analyse outcomes together with the team
- Define the scope of what we can do
- You know your infrastructure and identify the scope and timing of the research solutions we can offer to companies;
- You detect new business opportunities.
- You formulate the requirements for newly required equipment or software.
- Coordinate the technical infrastructure
- You build new infrastructure, prototypes of intelligent vehicles/machines & test setups for companies;
- You adjust existing infrastructure to new research needs;
- You ensure that all equipment and infrastructure functions safely and optimally at all times.
Hands-on Technical Researcher
- A degree in Engineering* (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineer, Mechatronics, Material Science, Power Electronics…);
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in an academic or industrial environment, preferably in instrumentation and testing or in mechatronic or mechanical designs;
- Expertise in electric or hybrid drivetrains and their battery systems or hardware-in-the-loop testing is a big plus;
- Affinity with vehicle dynamics or experience in an automotive context is also a plus, as is experience in a safety-critical test environment;
- The ability to easily familiarise yourself with the use of different software packages. Daily use of mechanical design packages.
*We are looking for candidates with a Bachelor’s as well a Master’s degree. Your tasks and responsibilities will depend on your competences and talent. You will have the opportunity to further develop yourself and take on more responsibilities over time.
- Inspired by technological innovation;
- Eager to widen your knowledge of other domains and new manufacturing processes;
- Pro-active and take initiative;
- A professional communicator in English;
- Hands-on, making your hands dirty in the lab is a pleasure;
- Open-minded and a team player.
- A job with a great deal of autonomy within a stimulating working environment with short lines of communication;
- You will be part of a growing, dynamic business with a top team of young and international researchers;
- You will help build unprecedented high-tech set-ups, more far-reaching than anything you have ever encountered in the industry.
Would you like to join our organisation? Contact us today!
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 11 790 590