As a growing research institution, we are looking for a Chief Accountant who, as a member of the Finance team, will ensure correct accounting and help support our further growth.
As Chief Accountant, you are responsible for the entire accounting system and ensure that Flanders Make meets all financial and fiscal obligations. In collaboration with the CFO, you will help design the financial processes of our growing organisation.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing the general accounting of the non-profit organisation;
- Booking wages, depreciations and capital grants;
- Monitoring and ensuring the accuracy of customer and supplier balances;
- You will supervise 2 colleagues (bookkeeper and financial assistant) in booking purchase invoices, creating and processing sales invoices, booking bank and cash transactions, preparing payments (suppliers / expense reports), booking costs to be carried forward, revenues to be carried forward and invoices to be received;
- The monthly closing and reporting, including a monthly/three-monthly audit of all balance sheet items;
- VAT returns, cash planning, closing and preparation of annual accounts, all kinds of tax obligations (annual VAT list, tax sheets for commissions and honorary fees, legal entities tax return, UBO register, etc.);
- Closing the year and preparing an audit file in preparation of the statutory audit (Belgian GAAPs);
- You build relationships with external parties such as the tax authorities, the company auditor;
- You report to the CFO and work closely together with the Business Controller and Financial Project Controllers.
Your colleagues mainly work from 3 sites (Kortrijk, Leuven and Lommel). Homework is possible too for 2 days a week on average.
- A master's/bachelor's degree in a Financial/Economic field – preferably Accountancy;
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar position;
- Strong analytical insight and an eye for detail;
- You can also work fluently with accounting packages and MS Office.
- Additional assets include:
- Knowledge of grants accounting;
- Knowledge of the legislation on non-profit organisations;
- Fluent in communicating in both English and Dutch;
- An initiator achieving sustainable results in a growing environment;
- Conscientious, accurate and stress-resistant.
You will join a unique, high-tech and growing organisation with a socially relevant mission and a forward-looking perspective. With this new position, we are expanding our finance team.
What you can expect:
- Great opportunities to further develop and run the accounting department within a professional environment with international appeal;
- A motivating work environment with autonomy of action, short lines of communication and a pleasant work atmosphere;
- Possibility for hybrid working;
- We will provide an in-depth introduction into all aspects of our organisation so that you can become familiar with our activities.
- We offer you training opportunities and room for initiative within an open company culture.
Your efforts will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of fringe benefits.
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 11 790 590