Research Engineer Computer Vision & Machine Learning
Work on the state of the art of computer vision and machine learning technologies for the factory of the future. Discuss about great project ideas in your team and inspire others with your experience.
For a variety of real-life industrial cases, we want to increase the intelligence and the efficiency of camera/product/production systems, for instance: working with autonomous vehicles and self-guided robot applications, product quality inspection, sensor fusion…
As Research Engineer Computer Vision & Machine Learning, you will:
- Work together in a research team with experts in control, sensing and mechanical design;
- Take the lead in adding vision capabilities to multidisciplinary mechatronic systems;
- With your background in computer vision and image processing algorithms, you will:
- Study, design and implement computer vision algorithms (Python, C++, Matlab);
- Engineer feature extraction methods and decision systems, (rule-based, machine learning, deep learning, or neural networks);
- Train and deploy classifiers and strengthen the system with deep learning algorithms;
- Use leading computer vision libraries (OpenCV, dlib, ImageJ/Fiji, Halcon);
- Choose the right optics, lenses, illumination, imaging sensors and computing platforms for the challenge;
- Perform camera calibration and implement stereo/3D imaging architectures;
- Prepare functional prototypes and demonstrators.
- A master’s degree or PhD in computer vision or another relevant domain (Electronic/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology, Robotics, Mathematics or Physics…);
- Relevant experience in designing computer vision projects (hardware and software) within research or industry;
- Familiarity with leading computer vision libraries (OpenCV, dlib, ImageJ/Fiji);
- A thorough understanding of machine learning methods and associated software libraries (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, scipy, weka, Keras, Tensorflow);
- A keen interest in designing and implementing computer vision set-ups (cameras, imaging sensors and technologies, system-on-chip and other computing platforms).
- Open-source software minded and familiar with Linux systems;
- Eager to convert new project ideas into actual project proposals;
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result-oriented, responsible, self-directing;
- Pro-active and taking initiative;
- Eager to learn.
- Flanders Make offers you the opportunity to develop yourself in a network of top industrial players, universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging work environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in our offices in Leuven, Lommel or Kortrijk (flexible workplace policy).
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 11 790 590