Project Portfolio Manager
As project portfolio manager, you play a crucial role in shaping the 'Factory of the Future'. You manage a portfolio of various research projects and act as a source of inspiration for the Flanders Make project managers. You provide guidance in both the definition and execution of these projects.
Flanders Make's mission is to support the Flemish manufacturing industry in addressing their technological product and production challenges so that they can remain competitive in an international context. To realise this mission, Flanders Make is building an eco-system where innovative manufacturing companies and top researchers can find each other and jointly build the 'Factory of the Future'. This is done through many research projects that aim to develop proof of concepts providing potential answers to challenges emanating from several of the Flanders Make member companies.
Coaching project managers
in defining and executing projects
As project portfolio manager, you will be responsible within your research domains for:
- Defining new research projects, in close consultation with Flanders Make research labs and companies. In doing so, you will actively respond to the needs of companies that would like to innovate their production with upcoming technologies;
- Networking and establishing synergies in view of nurturing partnerships. You will, for instance, organise thematic workshops with companies;
- The successful execution of research projects addressing Industry 4.0 topics;
- Identifying and formulating research goals at the start of each 4-year period.
"I enjoy the technical discussions with project leaders and industrial stakeholders, as they help me to understand the industry's technical challenges and adjust the research track strategy." Alexandru, Project Portfolio Manager.
with your broad technological interest
- Over 10 years of experience in innovative companies with a strong focus on manufacturing;
- The ability to lead technical discussions with project leaders and experts. You have a keen interest in, and can quickly immerse yourself in, new technologies;
- The ability to capture industrial needs and translate them to Flanders Make researchers;
- Strong analytical and synthetic skills, so that as a manager you have at all times a clear overview and are able to summarise the results achieved, the next steps to be taken, and risks and countermeasures within and across research projects;
- Technical knowledge of Industry 4.0 is considered a plus.
- An engineer or have benefitted from a scientific master's study;
- Strong in project and/or project portfolio management;
- Results-oriented. You enjoy the freedom and autonomy to work independently;
- An authentic leader who will encourage people to collaborate and achieve mutual benefit;
- Able to work within a complex stakeholder environment and, in such environment, to keep projects on track by exercising your influence and giving guidance in a non-hierarchical way.
- A job with impact on science and technology. You create leverage and synergies within Flanders Make and far beyond.
- The opportunity to develop yourself within a network of leading industrial companies and research institutions;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging work environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An attractive salary with additional fringe benefits.
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 11 790 590