Electromechanical Test Engineer
With a top-notch test infrastructure, you offer companies a taste of the latest technologies to test the performance of their electric motors and batteries.
Flanders Make researchers are developing technologies for the design and production of high-performance, flexible and autonomous machines and vehicles, rethinking the drivetrain setups of electric vehicles & machines. New solutions are tested on our demonstration and validation infrastructure in controlled conditions.
Improve drivetrain performance with hardware-in-the-loop tests
For batteries and different mechatronic applications, you will:
- Work in a team, where you will simulate the behaviour of vehicles and components like thermal, power or performance parameters for batteries, supercapacitors or electric motors…;
- Use, expand and manage the test setups, working closely together with technology experts in different domains (sensing, control, software architecture, software integration, automation, robotics, vehicle dynamics, testing).
- Be the point of contact for industrial customers who want to test a new design or concept, where you think along with the need of the customer, draw up the test plan, and report on the results.
“The diversity is what makes this job ideal. You work with a wide range of products, clients, and tests - something you won't find anywhere else. Furthermore, we can oversee the entire design and verification process, from the initial concept to production. You are truly at the forefront of high tech. We test the latest prototypes and design concepts for very different types and sectors.
We welcome renowned high-end automotive brands and international manufacturers as clients, as well as local SMEs. For each of these clients, you are a crucial point of contact. You discuss various design options with the client, playing a vital role in the process.” (Peter, Test engineer since 2004 at Flanders Drive/Make)
Hands-on Technical Researcher
- A degree in Engineering* (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineer, Mechatronics, , Power Electronics…);
- Relevant experience in instrumentation/ testing, in mechatronic/ mechanical designs; or a first experience in a safety-critical test environment;
- The ability to easily familiarise yourself with the use of different software packages;
- Expertise in electric/hybrid drivetrains and their battery systems or hardware-in-the-loop testing is a big plus.
*We are looking for candidates with a Bachelor’s as well a Master’s degree. Your tasks and responsibilities will depend on your competences and talent. You will have the opportunity to further develop yourself and take on more responsibilities over time.
You recognise yourself as:
- Inspired by technological innovation;
- Eager to widen your knowledge of other domains and new applications;
- Pro-active and take initiative;
- A professional communicator, as well in Dutch as in English;
- Hands-on, making your hands dirty in the lab is a pleasure;
- Open-minded and a team player.
As Electromechanical Test Engineer, you will:
- Organise virtual and experimental tests;
- define the test plan of research projects together with the project team;
- design and implement resources for test automation (e.g. Labview);
- create, adapt and validate virtual models prior to experimental tests;
- define the hardware instruments for experimental tests;
- perform experimental and mixed virtual-experimental tests.
- Post-process test data;
- analyse outcomes together with the team;
- and see to a professional reporting (graphs..).
- Define the scope of what we can do;
- discuss options with the customer;
- know your infrastructure and identify the scope and timing of the research solutions we can offer to companies;
- detect new business opportunities.
- formulate the requirements for newly required equipment or software.
- Coordinate the technical infrastructure;
- build new infrastructure, prototypes of intelligent vehicles/machines & test setups for companies;
- adjust existing infrastructure to new research needs;
- ensure that all equipment and infrastructure functions safely and optimally at all times.
- Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop yourself within its network of leading industrial companies, universities and research institutes;
- A large international forum with guaranteed industrial and academic interest;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 11 790 590