Innovation Manager for Research Projects in Autonomous Machine / Vehicle Technology
Together with a team of researchers, you will develop ground-breaking innovations for companies developing and using autonomous vehicles, machines, robots & drones.
The manufacturing industry faces some important technological challenges:
- the realisation of smart applications in navigation with autonomous vehicles (in- & outdoor);
- smart controls and communication from and to autonomous vehicles and machines;
- making the production process of manufacturing companies smarter and more efficient;
- the use of artificial intelligence, both for processing data (sensors, cameras...) and for mapping out routes and tasks, etc.
As an Innovation Manager, you steer the execution of industry-driven technology research projects. The purpose is to bring tomorrow’s technology closer to innovating companies in the manufacturing sector.
- Define a collective ambition for your projects with all stakeholders; these are a/o the relevant industrial user groups and knowledge partners (renowned knowledge institutions, and/or research labs of partner universities);
- Take the technical lead and encourage researchers to look for new solutions.
- Your team combines expertise in computer vision, navigation, machine learning, sensing, perception, modelling and/or control. Together you tackle challenges in:
- Sensor fusion for localisation and mapping of autonomous vehicles;
- Static and dynamic world modelling;
- Optimal and real-time path planning, motion planning and motion control;
- Data acquisition & artificial intelligence.
- Strive for an excellent project execution;
- Ensure that project results are both industrially relevant and scientifically excellent;
- Disseminate new knowledge with concrete business cases. Your dissemination actions will accelerate the emergence and realisation of new innovative prototypes.
- At least 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic environment;
- Proven expertise with technology development and/or transfer;
- A strong link with technology in one of the research areas of Flanders Make, for instance, detection and control, autonomous mobile systems, artificial intelligence and/or production.
- A strong affinity with the vehicle, machine, drone or robot manufacturing technology and/or industry.
“You're at the forefront of new technologies, and that's exciting. We will be witnessing, when change in the world happens!
With numerous stakeholders, it is my job to keep an eye on their needs. Making an impact , by making new connections between your team and the industry, that is both exciting and enjoyable.
I really enjoy exploring new ideas and tapping into their potential. And finally, let's be honest, working with robots that drive around is just plain cool,” says Timothy, Senior Project Leader at Flanders Make since 2021.
Example of a research project:
Creative flexible work environment
- Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop yourself in its network of leading industrial companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 11 790 590